Last Revised: December 19, 2022
This Policy describes:
- The types of information we collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website available at:firstname.lastname@example.org as well as any websites and blogs directly owned by Ventech (collectively, our “Website”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect on this Website or in emails and other electronic messages between you and this Website. This Policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party, or information collected by any third party through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Website (for further information, see below, “Third-party Websites”).
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, then please do not use our Website. By using our Website, you agree to the terms of this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time (see below, “Changes to this Policy”). Your continued use of our Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
What We Collect and How We Collect It
To ensure that we provide you with the best possible experience, we will store, use, and disclose information about you and the individuals whose information you provide to us in accordance with this Policy.
Information You Provide to Us
Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular user, household, or device (“Personal Information”). In particular, the Website may collect the following categories of Personal Information from users of the Website:
|Category||Examples (Note: not all examples will be collected)||Collected|
|Identifiers.||A real name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name.||YES|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||Health-related information.||NO|
|Protected classification characteristics.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||YES|
|Commercial information.||Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|Sensitive Personal Information||Health-related information||YES|
|Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||NO|
|Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|Non-public education information.||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||YES|
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, when you:
- register yourself with the Website;
- upload information into the Website;
- schedule a demonstration;
- communicate with us, such as request information.
- Indirectly from you. For example, through information we collect from you in the course of providing our services to you.
Directly and indirectly from activity on our Website. For example, from Website usage details that are collected automatically. For more information on automatic information collection, please review the “Automated Information Collection” section below.
The information that you provide in each case will vary. In some cases, you may be able to provide Personal Information via email or free text boxes, such as contacting the Company to request further information. When providing your Personal Information, please provide only relevant information and do not provide unnecessary sensitive information, such as Social Security numbers, credit card information or other sensitive personal data. Additionally, we may ask you to create a username and password that should only be known to you.
By using the Website, you will also have the opportunity to provide Personal Information relating to third parties. Before providing any Personal Information to the Company, you are responsible for obtaining any and all consents or authorization required under applicable law from the third party whose Personal Information you provide to us. The Company shall not be responsible for obtaining the consent or authorization of any data subject whose Personal Information you provide to us through the Website.
Important Health Information Notice: You may have opportunities to upload Personal Information relating to an individual’s health or medical status. Please understand that Ventech Solutions is not a “Covered Entity” as that term is defined under the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). As such, unless otherwise agreed to through a business associate agreement, such information shall not be considered “Protected Health Information” and will not be afforded the same rights and protections as required under HIPAA. All Personal Information, however, will be processed in accordance with this policy.
Automated Information Collection
In addition to the information that you provide to us, we may also collect information about you during your visit to our Website. We collect this information using automated tools that are detailed below. These tools may collect information about your behavior and your computer system, such as your internet address (IP Address), the pages you have viewed, and the actions you have taken while using the Website. Some of the tools we use to automatically collect information about you may include:
- Cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file transmitted from a website to your device’s hard drive. Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways, and we may use either (or both) of them:
(1) session cookies, which do not stay on your device after you close your browser, and
(2) persistent cookies, which remain on your device until you delete them or they expire.
Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However, by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the Website’s features or lose access to some functionality.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If you choose to receive emails from us, we may use Web Beacons to track your reaction to our emails. We may also use them to track if you click on the links and at what time and date you do so. Some of the third-party marketers we engage with may use Web Beacons to track your interaction with online advertising banners on our Website. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your Personal Information. Please note that any image file on a webpage can act as a
- Embedded Web Links. Links provided in our emails and, in some cases, on third-party websites may include tracking technology embedded in the link. The tracking is accomplished through a redirection system. The redirection system allows us to understand how the link is being used by email recipients. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the Personal Information that we hold about you. This data is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our Marketing campaigns.
- Third-party Websites and Services. We work with a number of service providers, such as Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) to provide the infrastructure and some controls for the Website. As such, our trusted third-party partners may collect information relating to your activity and device usage in order to better provide their services.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Privacy Preferences
The Website is a cloud service provider. As such, you will have the opportunity to provide Personal Information relating to yourself and third parties into the Website. Although the Website will provide appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards for any information provided to the Company, it is YOUR responsibility to select the appropriate customized safeguards and controls for the information you provide. By sharing information with the Company through the Website, you warrant and represent that you have any and all required administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in place, per applicable law.
If we provide subscription-based services, such as email newsletters, we will allow you to make choices about what information you provide at the point of information collection or at any time after you have received a communication from us while you are subscribed. Transactional or service-oriented messages are usually excluded from such preferences, as such messages are required to respond to your requests or to provide goods and services and are not intended for the purposes of marketing.
We will not intentionally send you email newsletters and marketing emails unless you consent to receive such marketing information. After you request to receive these emails, you may opt out of them at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Please note that by opting out or unsubscribing you may affect other services you have requested we provide to you, in which email communication is a requirement of the service provided.
Any such communications you receive from us will be administered in accordance with your preferences and this Policy.
Accuracy and Access to Your Personal Information
We strive to maintain and process your information accurately. We have processes in place to maintain all of our information in accordance with relevant data governance frameworks and legal requirements. We employ technologies designed to help us maintain information accuracy on input and processing.
Where we can provide you access to your Personal Information in our possession, we will always ask you for a username and password to help protect your privacy and security. We recommend that you keep your password safe, that you change it periodically, and that you do not disclose it to any other person or allow any other person to use it.
To view and change the Personal Information that you have provided to us, you can log in to your account and follow the instructions on that webpage or contact us directly for assistance.
Information of Minors
We do not intentionally seek to gather information from individuals under the age of eighteen (18). We do not target the Website to minors and would not expect them to be engaging with our Website or services. We encourage parents and guardians to provide adequate protection measures to prevent minors from providing information unwillingly on the internet. If you provide information to us relating to minors, you are responsible for acquiring any and all necessary consents and authorizations, as required under applicable law, from parents or guardians. If we are aware of any Personal Information that we have collected about minors without the proper authorizations or consent in place, we will take steps to securely remove it from our systems.
How We Use Your Information
The information we gather and that you provide is collected to provide you information and the services you request, in addition to various other purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Preventing malicious activity and providing you with a secure experience.
- Providing service and support for services you request.
- Providing marketing communications that are effective and optimized for you.
- Keeping you up to date with the latest benefits available from us.
- Preventing unwanted messages or content.
- Measuring the performance of our Website.
- Contacting you about services and offers that are relevant to you.
We will only use the information that you provide us in strict accordance with your instructions. Unless otherwise stated in this Policy, we will not disclose or use the information that you provide to us in any way without your authorization or direction.
Duration: The length of time Company intends to retain each category of Personal Information, including sensitive information, is as for as long as reasonably necessary to carry out Company’s intended business purpose for such information.
How We Disclose Your Information
We do not sell or lease your information to any third party. We may disclose your Personal Information to our trusted third-party business partners in accordance with this Policy. We work with a number of partners that help us process your requests, deliver customer service and support, and provide experiences that you have come to expect from us. When necessary, we will disclose your Personal Information with these third parties in order to fulfill the service that they provide to us. These third-party partners are under contract to keep your Personal Information secure and not to use it for any reason other than to fulfill the service we have requested from them.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we may have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for one or more business purposes:
- Protected Classification Characteristics
- Commercial information
- Sensitive Personal Information
- Internet or Other Similar Network Activity
- Inferences Drawn From Other Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates; and
- Third party vendors who provide services that enhance our Website, products, and services to you.
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information with third parties without your notice and consent, unless it is under one of the following circumstances:
- Responding to duly authorized information requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Complying with any law, regulations, subpoena, or court order.
- Investigating and helping prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity.
- Enforcing or protecting the rights and properties of the Company or its subsidiaries.
- Protecting the rights or personal safety of the Company’s employees.
Sale of Business or Merger. There are circumstances where the Company may decide to buy, sell, or reorganize its business in selected countries. Under these circumstances, it may be necessary to disclose or receive Personal Information with prospective or actual partners or affiliates. In such circumstances, the Company will ensure your information is used in accordance with this Policy.
Your Rights Under State Law
Shine the Light Law. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we will not share your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes of third-party marketing to you without your prior consent.
Do Not Track Signals. Other than as disclosed in this Policy, the Website does not track users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, the Website does not operate any differently when it receives Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from your internet web browser.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. If we ever decide to “sell” or “share” Personal Information, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, we will update you via this Policy and include a link entitled “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information,” to provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the selling and sharing of your Personal Information.
Your Consumer Rights
If you are a California, Colorado, or Virginia consumer, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”), the Colorado Privacy Act (“CPA”) or the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”), respectively, you may be afforded additional rights with respect to your “Personal Information” as that term is explicitly defined under the CCPA, CPA, and VCDPA. Any Personal Information we collect is collected for the commercial purpose of effectively providing our services to you, as well as enabling you to learn more about, and benefit from, our services. You may exercise each of your rights as identified below, subject to our verification of your identity.
- Access. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
- Correction. You can correct what personal data our Website database currently contains by accessing your account directly, or by contacting us to request that we correct or rectify any personal data that you have provided to us.
- Prohibit Data Sharing. When applicable, you may prohibit the sharing of your Personal Information. In your request, please explain how you wish us to prohibit the sharing of your Personal Information, and which categories of third parties you want to prohibit from receiving your Personal Information. When such prohibitions are not possible to provide our services to you, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy.
- Portability. Upon request and when possible, we can provide you with copies of your Personal Information. When such a request cannot be honored, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Opt-out of Processing. You have the right to request that we do not sell your Personal Information, use your Personal Information for Targeted Advertising, or use your Personal Information for profiling. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Non-Discrimination. If a California, Colorado, or Virginia data subject exercises his or her rights under applicable state law, including the CCPA, CPA, and VCDPA, we shall not discriminate against that resident by denying our goods or services, charging different prices or rates to similarly situated consumers, providing a different level or quality of our goods or services, or taking any other adverse action.
- Exercising your rights. If you are a California, Colorado, or Virginia resident who chooses to exercise the rights listed above, you can:
- Submit a request via email at email@example.com; or
- Call us at (614)-751-1167 to submit your request.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your Personal Information. If an authorized agent makes a request on your behalf, we may require proof that you gave the agent permission to submit the request.
Responding to Your Request. Upon receiving your request, we will confirm receipt of your request by sending you an email confirming receipt. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the Personal Information. In some instances, such as a request to delete personal information, we may first separately confirm that you would like for us to in fact delete your personal information before acting on your request.
We will respond to your request within forty-five (45) days. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process Personal Information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
For Website Visitors Around the World
To provide you with our services, we may store, process, and transmit information in the United States, India, and other locations around the world, including countries that may not have the same privacy and security laws as yours. Regardless of the country in which such information is stored, we will process your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
Changes to this Policy
Safeguarding the Information We Collect
We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards in order to protect your Personal Information against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, we can never promise 100% security. You have a responsibility, as well, to safeguard your information through the proper use and security of any online credentials used to access your Personal Information, such as a username and password. If you believe your credentials have been compromised, please change your password. Please also notify us of any unauthorized use.
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions and welcome your feedback. To contact us about this Policy or your Personal Information, please contact us at
8425 Pulsar Place, Suite 300
Columbus, OH 43240